After recently becoming more interested in the nutritional elements of food, it seems that there are very few really, really tasty desserts out there that look good, taste good and have lots of vitamins. I decided to make these fruit skewers a couple of months ago, and they turned out really well. Apologies for the blurry photo!
Here’s how you can make them yourself:
- Take a load of your favourite fruits (three or four different ones work best). I used mangoes, blueberries and strawberries.
- Put them on a stick. I used skewers that were around 25cm in length.
- Melt your favourite chocolate. I put chunks of milk chocolate into a glass bowl and melted it in the microwave. Heat for around 1 minute to begin with, then check and stir. Keep doing this until it’s all melted (but not burnt). Don’t put chocolate into a saucepan and heat it up, as it’ll most likely burn (not good).
- Put the skewers onto a plate and pour the chocolate over them. If you want to make it look really pretty, you could use white and dark chocolate so that you get a more marbled effect.
- Put the skewers into the fridge for around 45 minutes.