We all know that what we eat can affect our energy levels, our health and also how we look. In this post, I will look at the ways that food can affect your skin.
Here are some foods we can eat that have been proven to improve our skin:
- Foods that contain lots of Vitamin C such as kiwis and sweet potatoes help to produce collagen that strengthens the capillaries that ‘feed’ the skin.
- Garlic and onions both contain sulphur, which can help keep our skin smooth.
- Vitamin E is wonderful for your skin and can be found in hazelnuts, pine nuts and avocados.
- Sardines and oysters contain zinc which can help repair skin damage.
- WATER is really good for your skin – try drinking around 8 glasses a day, if you can.
- Dried apricots contain iron which can really improve your skin tone!
Things you should avoid if you’re aiming for perfect-looking skin are:
- Sugary foods – they can make your skin look dull and blemished.
- Fried foods can cause spots as they lead to excess oil which can block your pores.
- Whole wheat bread is much better than white bread, which contains very little fibre. Foods that contain a lot of white flour and sugar (like white pasta) have been linked to skin-inflammation.
- Avoid salty foods, which can cause bloating. This means that if you eat a diet high in salt, you will increase the chance of having ‘tired’-looking skin.
Do you have any tips for achieving flawless skin through diet?