Today my other half created this amazing open sandwich which consisted of roast chicken, avocado, british Pomodorino tomatoes, and an organic white bloomer from Sainsbury’s – all topped off with a drizzle of Nando’s Medium Peri-Peri Sauce. It was amazing!
On Sunday evening I was peckish and stuck for healthy, cheap and tasty meal ideas. All I had in the fridge were two turkey breasts.
This is what I did with them, and it turned about amazingly well:
- Heated up very little olive oil in a wok.
- Cut up two turkey breasts into thin strips.
- Cooked the strips in the wok with a good sprinkling chilli flakes.
- Seasoned with salt and pepper.
I was craving ‘chicken dippers’ that day too, which inspired me to serve the strips with three small bowls of sauce, for dipping:
- Nando’s Medium Peri-Peri Sauce
- Tomato Ketchup
- Jalapeño Salsa
It was a very spicy experience, REALLY easy to make and great fun too!
1. The simple, yet effective menu: You can choose your meal (either a burger, a pitta, a wrap, chicken wings, half a chicken or a whole chicken). Then you choose your flavour (either extra hot, hot, medium, plain, lemon & herb or mango & lime). Then a choice of a few sides. Easy!
2. The chocoalte cheesecake. Definitely one of the best cheesecakes I’ve ever tasted. Crunchy on top and delicious with ice-cream.
3. All of their chicken is grilled over an open flame and never fried, meaning lower fat content and better taste! The PERi-PERi marinade used on their chickens “contains no preservatives, no colourants and no artificial flavours, so is totally natural and healthy”.
4. Their free loyalty card. Every time you spend £6/€6 or more at Nando’s, they stamp your card. Once you get three stamps you receive a free 1/4 chicken. Once you get six stamps you get a free 1/2 chicken. And when you get your tenth stamp you get a FREE WHOLE CHICKEN!!
5. It tastes so good!